Come work with us: ivoh is hiring a part-time Project Manager
Editor’s note: This position was filled in Fall 2016.
Want to work with journalists, gamers, photographers and others in media who have a passion to make society better? Do you have experience managing projects and volunteers and the savvy to make sure that events go smoothly? Images & Voices of Hope (ivoh) is a nonprofit that serves media makers, and we’re looking for a project manager who’s available to work (from home) for about 25 hours per week.
We are looking for a creative thinker who is comfortable with big picture thinking and details of implementation. The ideal candidate will have a genuine interest in logistical/administrative work, experience managing volunteers, and an openness to handling a variety of tasks related to programs and events. Previous experience working for a media organization is strongly preferred. The candidate must be comfortable working from home and available to attend ivoh’s annual media summit from June 22-25 in upstate New York.
This contracter position is a wonderful opportunity for someone who wants the flexibility of working from home and who believes in ivoh’s mission of strengthening the media’s role as an agent of change and world benefit.
POSITION RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Overseeing application process for ivoh’s annual fellowship program for media creators. Will execute an outreach plan for spreading the word about the fellowship, keep track of applications as they come in, and answer related questions from applicants.
- Serving as the main ivoh contact for the fellowship. Will keep in frequent contact with the selected fellows, their mentors, and their story coach to track their progress, share ideas, and act as a sounding board. Will share relevant updates with the Executive Director.
- Overseeing a budget for the fellowship and events.
- Running monthly Google Hangout calls for the fellowship and finding other creative ways to build a sense of camaraderie and connection among the fellows.
- Booking travel (flights, hotels, ground transportation) and coordinating meals for two annual in-person fellowship events.
- Handling logistics for ivoh’s annual media summit. (Will be expected to help speakers book travel, manage registrations, respond to registrants’ questions, create organized planning lists, etc.)
- Identifying and inviting speakers to the summit (and other events) and serving as the speakers’ and attendees’ main point of contact. Having existing contacts in the media industry is a real plus.
- Stewarding relationships with media practitioners and existing ivoh community members while cultivating and sustaining new relationships.
- Maintaining and growing ivoh’s database of contacts, drawing upon knowledge of Salesforce.
- Managing a team of volunteers who will help launch a series of small regional events around the country in 2017.
- Growing ivoh’s existing group of volunteers with an eye for identifying new volunteers who can help strengthen ivoh events and programs. Along these lines, the Project Manager will work with the Executive Director to create a volunteer recruitment and management plan that will aid in selecting new volunteers and matching them with various activities based on their skill sets, experience, and interests.
To apply, please send a resume and cover letter to email@example.com by Sept. 5 with attention to ivoh’s Executive Director, Mallary Tenore.
About Images & Voices of Hope: At ivoh, we believe that media can create meaningful, positive change in the world. Our global community includes journalists, documentary filmmakers, photographers, gamers and more. Our common thread as a nonprofit is the desire to effect positive change through our work in media. To this end, our mission is to strengthen the role of media as agents of world benefit. To us, positive change is about focusing on the world we want to live in – not only problem solving the world we have. It’s not about glossing difficult truths. It’s about amplifying the best in human nature and whenever possible shining a light on the steps we can take towards the future we want.